Voronoi Diagrams are really interesting from an aesthetic, mathematical, and
application perspective. I created this to experiment with connecting multiple d3.js layouts.
Nodes are linked to nodes in neighboring cells. The cell’s color is a function of its area.
The white lines are the Delaunay triangulation and the purple cells are the Voronoi diagram.
- Drag the cells to interact with the diagram.
- Use the mousewheel to add/remove nodes.
- Hold shift while using the mousewheel to change the initialization spiral
- Press the letter s to toggle the simulation
- Current Version
- Added color transition on cells
- Added drag handle to cells
- Uses simpler d3.gemo.voronoi() api
- Scales to smaller viewports
- Nodes are added along a spiral
- Added keyboard controls
- December 2012 v3 (gist)
- Made cells fill the entire viewport
- Februrary 2012 v2 (gist)
- Changed node and link styles.
- Februrary 2012 v1 (gist)
Nice Things People Have Said